The laboratory is equipped for molecular biology; protein purification and expression in bacteria, insect and mammalian cells; immunoblotting and gel documentation; patch-clamp recording with fluorescence; bilayer and patch-clamp recording; fluorescence polarization measurements; high-throughput fluorescence measurements in 96-well plates; use of radiochemicals;and advanced optical imaging.
Major items of equipment include:
- Patch-clamp rigs and PortaPatch equipment.
- High-throughput automated plate readers for fluorescence (FlexStations) and fluorescence polarization (PHERAStar) with Corbett robot.
- Gel analysis and documentation (Syngene PXi).
- Radiochemical facilities.
- Olympus microscopes (4) equipped for super-resolution and confocal analyses, use of caged compounds, and time-lapse measurements in environmental cabinets. Supported by off-line workstations.
- Cell culture facility.
Antibodies and plasmids
Please address requests for reagents to Professor Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org). When submitting a request, please include the published reference, code/name of the reagent, and its intended use.